Travertine is a kind of stone flooring that drill from the ground and then polished down into tiles for construction use. Travertine tiles have been used for construction applications for many years. Its shape of limestone is hard as a rock, it is the same as absorbent compared to other natural stones as building materials. Thus, it is convincing to have a built-in susceptibility that requires consideration to clean and care for this kind of material. This is both for long-term, normal cleaning concerns, the same as for particular instruction and protection. You must follow every time you work on this surface.
How Many Times To Clean the Travertine Flooring?
Routine sweeping and mopping must be done every week for travertine floors or if floors are soiled or dirty. Monthly disinfect is the best plan for cleaning the floor and the grout lines though it still depends on how dirty your floor gets. Manufacturers of stone flooring recommend sealing the travertine surface every three to five years but there are harsh chemicals and hard service may destroy the sealing faster.
Things Needed for Cleaning
- Sweeper or vacuum cleaner
- Mild soap
- Baking soda
- Scrub brush
- Stone sealer for penetrating
- Stone sealer for the surface
Do not use strong chemical cleaners or with acidic chemicals for travertine floors. This travertine stone is a form of alkaline substance, which will create a stain or discoloration when it is in contact with acid.
How to Maintain Travertine Flooring
- Normal Cleaning – Sweeping the floor or vacuum it one’s a week to eliminate small dirt and grit pieces that may cause the small abrasive defects to the surface of the floor.
- Mop The Travertine Floor – With the use of warm water is a better way to mop the floor and with a dry sponge or cloth to dry the surface by your hands is much better. Do not soak the travertine floor with water because it will get through down the sealant and grout lines. This will cause a change in color, it will create a mold and mildew, and degradation.
- Disinfect the Travertine Floor – To disinfect the travertine floor you only need to have a tablespoon of mild soap that is not acidic and add it to a gallon of water. With the use of damp cloth to mop the floors. But after disinfecting, the floor must mop again with clean water to eliminate the remaining disinfectant from the floor. And the dry towel to dry it completely. This process does not require every day but once a month is good.
- Seal the Travertine Flooring – One main difficulty of natural travertine flooring is the microscopic pores that are present on the surface of the tiles. Which when soaking with liquids it will lead to stains, change color, degradation, and develop mold. Therefore, to stop this is to make sure that the floor is sealed properly from the time it is installed and yearly sealing.
Kinds of Travertine Flooring Coating
Thus, you must not make your travertine flooring to degrade faster. Hence, from the time your tile installation Calgary your travertine floor it is sealed by expert Calgary Tile installer. In this way, you have tiles for less Calgary.